Monday, July 20, 2009

going home

When we pull out of here tomorrow I will be a little sad.
Sad to leave Amanda in her weakened state....
Sad to leave these fun and loving little boys.

I have tried to get everything done.....the beds are all changed and the boys clothes are all washed and clean. She will have meals prepared for the rest of this week and next. I know that Mark will take good care of her.....but I have bonded here and I will be a little sad.

I took myself out for a little while this afternoon while everyone was sleeping. I found an excellent antique mall and I spent a good while in Barnes and Noble choosing my next reading material.

Continuing my love affair with Hermon Wouk, the author of The Winds of War and War and Remembrance, I chose The Hope, "A Magnificent Saga - encompassing two novels that brings brilliantly to life the epic adventure of Israel's founding and struggle to survive starting in 1918 and culminating in the miraculous triumph of 1967's Six Day War."

My other choice is The Worst Hard Time, "the untold story of those who survived the Great American Dust Bowl." This will fulfill my desire for another history of weather related calamities in the United States.

I am also reading for the third time Spiritual Depression by Martin Lloyd Jones. I need the truth it contains so much right now.

It is such a blessing to be with like-minded believers.......those who share your joy in Christ and what He has done. To be able to sit down and talk openly about the things of God without ever hearing murmurings and complainings and loud outbursts of unkind words. I know it is a bit like heaven will be.

Please pray for us as we travel back to Savannah tomorrow and continue to pray that my earthly father will know the truth. Also pray that Amanda will heal quickly both physically and emotionally in the days to come.

love to all tonight.........cathy

No comments: