Sunday, July 19, 2009

jake in church

He is four.
He has started to sit all the way through the worship service on Sunday morning.

Today Jake led us right up to the very first row where he usually sits with his mom.
There sat we......his granddaddy and me with him in between.

He attached himself to me, tucked under my arm for the entire service.
He had his Bible and some paper to write on. He was very good and I loved having his warm little body next to mine.

When the service was over he took his father's hand and they walked out together.

So much sympathy and empathy for their pastor and his wife and little boys. There has been a steady stream of food and flowers and little gifts coming to our door. It is a country church and many people bring offerings from their summer gardens.

One little lady came carrying a Wal Mart bag containing three cucumbers and a tomato. She said that was all she had to give. I thought of the widow's mite in Scripture.

Out of the goodness of her heart she wanted to give and she did.

Amanda is getting better and better every day. I am so glad to have been here to share this time with my loved ones.

Blessing upon blessing in this time of sorrow.

cathy

No comments: