Monday, July 27, 2009

thoughts on vacation

It is a good thing to get way from the everyday hum drum of life now and then. It is good for the body and good for the soul.

The beach has been interesting for the last few days........... a steady, rather forceful wind and an extremely rough surf with a strong undertow. One of our umbrellas blew up and tumbled down the beach. Quite shocking when you are sitting under it when it happens.

The loudness of the crashing waves drowns out the stress and brings a certain calm. I am very thankful for this because I needed relief, even if for only a few days.

I love to swim in the ocean........I have perservered even in the strong surf. The water is so warm, but it has really beat me up. I couldn't believe it when I read this verse in the Bible this morning.......

Psalm 42:7b "All Thy breakers and Thy waves have rolled over me."

cathy

No comments: