Wednesday, July 22, 2009

over & under and up & down

Sometimes, like today, I carry my small chair and a book down to the ocean.
I sit very close to the waves and I read and then when I get really hot I go out into the ocean.

I go over the waves and sometimes I go under the waves.
I jump up and then down on the other side.
I flip over and float looking up at the sky.

On the surface of the water I see tiny diamonds sparkling in the sun.
On the sandy floor my toes are always searching for treasures.
I pray and ask God to keep the sharks away.
Never would I let the fear of what I can't see keep me away from this luxury.

"As the deer pants for the water brooks,
so my soul pants for Thee, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God." Psalm 42 1

Basking in the vastness of the ocean today, I was overwhelmed with the goodness of God.....
for choosing me to be His child in Christ Jesus. His gentleness and patience with me, such a sinner, amazes me........... how He slowly and sometimes painfully teaches me His ways.

Oh Lord may we desire you as the thirsty deer pants for the water he needs to live.

No comments: