Monday, September 14, 2009

i love lucy

She is here at the condo spending the night.
We spent a good while over at the playground after our delicious supper. Bubba kept raving about the dinner because it is his absolute favorite meal in the whole world.....pork chop casserole with butterbeans. He seriously loses it over this meal.

Anyway.....over at the playground Lucy met a new friend. Her name is Grace Irene and she is three years old too. They had so much fun playing while I chatted with her mom. She teaches and I used to teach so we had lots in common. My name ended up in her cell for future play dates.

Lucy and I like to pile up in my bed and read. Today we read nine books. I like to look at her face while I read and see the wonder there.

Some of you may remember Richard Scarry's "Please and Thank You Book." One of the characters is Lowly Worm. I think very highly of Lowly. In one section he names his "horrid pests." I agree wholeheartily with him. Here are a few of them:

There are the

gobbling pests
interrupting pests
noisy pests
quarreling pests
teasing pests
smashing pests..and the list goes on and on.

You can easily see how these pests can make your life miserable.

We had a PHD physicist speaking at our church this past weekend on the creation. He was brilliant and he held me spellbond for two straight hours on Sunday morning.

Check out this website.......... creation.com

and please don't be a bully pest.........cathy

No comments: