Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"if necessary"

"In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." I Peter 1: 6&7

I like this......sometimes God finds it "necessary" to bring trials into our lives to test our faith.

One more short verse:

"And Jesus told them that they ought always to pray and not lose heart." Luke 18:!

I was "losing heart" today in my trials and God showed me this verse.

That's why I love to read God's word. He knows everything that is going on in my life and has His word ready to comfort and inform me every morning.

what a joy to be God's child....

cathyc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,

I needed to read this verse TODAY! Thank you for sharing.

I hope you feel better and I'm always praying for you and Bubba. I know you are going through a lot with your family.

XO,
Margaret, Virginia

cathy said...

Me too!
Thanks so much for the prayers.