Wednesday, September 23, 2009

a little thing about stones

In this world there are all kinds of stones.

I find stones that have been rounded by the turbulence of the ocean.
The diamond in my engagement ring is a stone.
I have seen a fireplace made out of rounded stones.
One can receive a massage where hot stones are laid upon your back.

Amanda had a menacing stone in her kidney that had made her miserable for about two weeks.
Yesterday the doctor located the stone and removed it.
It was said to be 4 milimeters.
Thankfully the pain, nausea, and vomiting associated with that stone have gone away.....replaced with the pain of a stint implanted for the next week.

She is doing well.....we are here to help her for the next few days to get back on her feet.
To say that Amanda has struggled in the last few years would be an understatement.
I like her spirit though.
If she gets to the point of complaining I know she is bad off.

God, please bless her tonight and help her body to heal quickly. Give her grace and mercy to get through yet another trial.

The boys got a little wild earlier and we had a head bonking that sent Jake crying into my arms. He stayed for at least thirty minutes lapping up my sympathy. He hasn't sat that still and that long with me since he was a tiny baby.

These times with these boys are priceless.
I just wish they were only a "stones throw away."

"I tell you, if these (my disciples) become silent, even the stones will cry out." Luke 19:40

Jesus is telling His enemies in this verse that if His disciples stop praising Him the very stones will cry out in praise.

praise to Him,
cathy

No comments: