Sunday, September 13, 2009

waffle house

I got my waffle.....it was as good as I expected but I couldn't eat it all.
I found a coupon on-line and we got two waffles for the price of one.

What is it about the waffle house?

The employees actually did a little dance celebration when we walked in because they were so glad to see some customers. Slow day you think?

Nobody was there but the waitress took forever to come get our order.
I was trying to keep Bubba from throwing a fit by telling him maybe they were giving us time to read the menu. (we already knew what we wanted before we walked in)

She finally came and then had to leave again to go find her notebook which required a long and extensive search.By the time she got back from that search, I wanted to scream, "Just throw two waffles on the griddle and bring us some coffee."

When we ordered our coffee she asked if she could brew a new pot. We said sure.
I think her question must have really been, "Can I go to the store and buy a new pot?" because we never saw her again after that. Halfway through the meal, choking down the waffle, I had to ask another guy if we could please have our coffee.

That guy stood and talked to me for the whole meal.....Bubba never said a word.

Stress.....stress is everywhere.

I won't need a waffle house waffle for a long time now.....not because it wasn't good, but because it took such a great effort to get it.

cathy

1 comment:

amanda h said...

I just wanted to add a note that I suggested the coupon.