Monday, September 28, 2009

garbage can fiasco

I hereby proclaim tomorrow as the day I stay home and clean this condo.
Nothing, I repeat nothing can make me change my mind.

Not:
lunch with a friend
a kidney stone
time with a grandchild or two
grocery shopping
a doctor appointment
a hair appointment
swine flu
a long bike ride
a trip into town to get my fall decorations and maybe a fresh pot of mums for the deck

My life is a busy, frenzy of activity and I need a day to myself.
(You know if you need me I'll be there) but:
This is really a desperate need.

Starting this weekend and going on through Wednesday of next week, some or all of the four grandchildren will be here in this condo under the care of "us."

I have to prepare.
I have to be ready mentally, physically, and most importantly spiritually.
So you see why I need tomorrow?
It is the only day this week that I have to get ready.

Today was Bible Study....hard on Monday morning, but needful in my life.
On the way home I had to stop by the Tybee Island Post Office to retrieve two packages.
Upon arrival at the condo, I gathered up a few items of trash and threw them in the garbage down in the parking area.

Now....let me just say that the garbage cans are "pig stys" to say the least. I can barely stand to lift the lids to insert trash.

Today I did so and then started gathering all of the bags and boxes to take upstairs. I had just driven from town, turned off the car, and removed the keys ,so I knew I had them, but I couldn't find them any where. I turned the car and my purse upside-down three times and my keys were nowhere to be found.

I was so frustrated and then it hit me...........I couldn't have thrown them in the trash, could I?

Sure enough, there they were at the bottom of the can which had just been emptied this morning. Oh my the stench as I turned the can over and dug them out with a rusted pipe I found nearby.

I thanked God for the blessing of the empty can and was on my way.

one more for love, my love, one more for love
c

No comments: