Friday, October 29, 2010

don't be fooled

by the lovely fall picture.

I am here on Tybee Island in shorts and a t-shirt......
going barefoot as well.
It has to be one of the top ten most beautiful days of the year.
Just got back from an island long bike ride,
full of energy and sweet beach air.

The canopy is crystal blue with nary a cloud in the sky.
The breeze is blowing in from the ocean...
salty, with that marsh smell.
I can't describe it but my nose knows it by heart.
The temperature is in the seventies,
cool but warm in the sunshine.
The sun is bright,
making the ocean glitter like a trillion sparkling diamonds,
The tide is on its way out,
revealing all of the wonders that it leaves behind on the beach.

I can't find enough words
to describe the wonder
of just being at the beach
and my thankfulness to God
for all of this beauty that He made.

To top it all off,
we are going to eat
crab legs at 7:00.

cathyc

No comments: