Monday, October 4, 2010

i cancelled it

October 4, 2010.
The day I was to have the next shot in my eye.

I got up this morning and decided
that I wasn't ready to make that decision yet.

One afternoon last January
I agreed to the shot.

A small hemorrhage had left debris in my eye
and the shot of medicine was to go in there
and mop up the mess.

Sounded like a good plan.
The doctor assured me that he gives hundreds of them every week
with no consequences.

Unfortunately,
a horrible infection entered my left eye on the needle
and caused me to go completely blind.

The doctor had only seen this one other time.

My sight has partially returned.
I cannot see to read out of that eye,
but I do have some sight.

What should I do?
Should I try it again?
What would you do?

I have another appointment.
It is next Monday at 8:30 am.
I think I will be ready then.

cathy

No comments: