Tuesday, October 5, 2010

my hometown

Savannah is a really beautiful city.
This picture was taken from the roof of the Hyatt Hotel.
It is borrowed from my "Savannah facebook page." (Mark Rodocker)
The location is our famed "River Street."

In the foreground is the new Bohemian Hotel.
The rooftop there is as they say "a happening place."

That is the Savannah River
which makes it's meandering way about twenty miles
on down to the Atlantic Ocean
right in front of our condo.

We have a front row seat
to watch all of the big ships pass by
on their way in and out of Savannah.

Further on in the picture
you see the beautiful Talmadge Bridge
which gives a panoramic view of the city
when entering from the great state of South Carolina,

I love living in Savannah.
It is home.....I feel it in my bones.
I belong here.
Every sight, smell, twist, and turn is familiar.

Oh by the way....
Last night I got a call.
It was a political poll.
I got to tell them my side of the story.
It felt good.

cathy

No comments: