Thursday, October 28, 2010

minnie & the cowboy


We are having an "endless summer" here in Savannah.
Almost 90 degrees today.
Waited all afternoon for the rain and it never came.
~
It would be fine with me if winter stayed away......
I don't like to be cold.
It is dark at seven now.......
in a couple of weeks at six.
~
Met with the man today who will build my children's table.
He is going to use the flooring that I mentioned for the tabletop.
It wasn't oak by the way....it is cherry.
I am very excited.
He said when finished it would be heirloom quality.
I will have it for Thanksgiving.....
~
Went back down to River Street just now to see
the cruise ship "The World" one more time.
I wanted to catch it moving off down the Savannah River,
but that won't be until 11:59 tonight.
For some reason I am fascinated with that ship.
~
Lucy said earlier "It is really humid."
I said to her, "Do you know what humid means?"
She replied, "It means that the air is very buggy."
~
As we were going over the big bridge coming back into Savannah,
Harry spotted the cathedral all lit up and said,
"Look grammy, there is Cindaella's castle."
~
I love it....can't get enough!


No comments: