Wednesday, October 13, 2010

these chairs...........

are little antiques.
These are the chairs
that the children at my childhood church
sat in for Sunday School.

I am going to have them refinished
to use with a table that Bubba will build
out of some old oak flooring that he became privy to.

This will be where my babies will sit
when we have big feasts here at our house.
I can already picture them sitting around the table.
Laughing and eating and having a grand old time.
Hopefully it will all be ready for Thanksgiving.

Most of you know of my love for Martyn Lloyd Jones.
I always have one of his books going on the side.
His books are almost entirely compilations of his sermons.
Hopefully you also know of my love for God's word.

Here is a quote that I found today by MLJ...

"Do we realise, I wonder,
what a privilege it is that we have these Scriptures,
New Testament as well as Old?

Do we realise the advantage of having an open Bible?

Do we realise the advantage and the privilege
of having these living oracles of God?"

God's letter to us
containing everything
we need to know about "life and godliness."
He didn't leave anything out. It's all there.

Read it, study it, love it!!!!

Don't miss the picture of Lucy and Harry
that I posted earlier in the day.

4 comments:

Allison Stroud said...

thanks for this post...really needed it tonight :)

Cathy Cleland said...

Sometimes I wish I could be doing what you are doing.

Allison Stroud said...

I am taking your advice and taking a Biblical Counseling course next fall :) God is changing me in ways I never knew He could!!!

Cathy Cleland said...

You will love it. You learn the practical side of the Bible and how to apply what it says to your life. I am praying!