Monday, October 25, 2010

dreamy eyes


Lucy is spending the night.
After three rounds of our new game "pencoloo"
(Of which she won the title of World Champion
over her poor beleaguered grammy) (legitimately)
and about forty books read with much animation......
she sleeps.
~
During her precious prayer,
she could barely hold her eyes open.
There was some sadness mixed in as well.
~
I remember as a little girl away from home.......
I felt that sadness too. Missing my mom and dad.
Just when the sun went down it would come upon me
as it did Lucy tonight.
It didn't last long though,
because sleep came so quickly.
~
We prayed for her little sister over in Ethiopia.
There is a lot of red tape and two trips that have to take place
before she can come home.
~
I would ask for your prayers for this
tiny
five week old
eight pound
infant that is so far from her family.
~
We can't hold her,
but God will hold her close until she can get home.
~
"Thou hast been the helper of the orphan."
Psalm 10:14
~
So until then my dear....
we pray.

No comments: