Monday, October 11, 2010

i decided......

to go ahead and have the shot in my eye.

All of my counselors agreed and encouraged.
"You can't let fear hold you back if the shot can help restore your vision."

I washed my face with extra care this morning and wore no make-up.
I even rubbed a little bit of hydrogen peroxide around my eye.
I was at the office a little after 8:00 for my 8:30 appointment.....
ready for whatever the day would bring.

After an extensive examination, the doctor said,
"I'm not giving you the shot today.....too risky,
Let's just leave well enough alone."

My inner thought was,
"You've got to be kidding me."
Then I remembered....
that was God's answer to my prayer about what I should do.
For whatever reason today was not the day to get the shot.

Being blinded by the double eye dilation,
I drove carefully to Bubba's office and we rejoiced in the news...
and the answered prayer.

Speaking of prayer, I would ask you to lift Estelle and Irvin up tonight.
They are going through a very difficult time right now.
Estelle is Bubba's sister, but she is mine too.

O, and thanks for your prayers for me in regards to my eye.
God is ever faithful to hear our prayers
and to do His will in our lives.

cathy

No comments: