Wednesday, October 6, 2010

trying not to be afraid

I got the letter in the mail two months ago.....
it was time for me to get my yearly mammogram.
I finally went today.
I put it off as long as I could.
Why does this strike such fear in me?

As I've written before,
I taught my radiologist in third grade.
She was one of my favorite students.
I always enjoy seeing and talking to her.....
but maybe not under these circumstances.

Everything turned out good in case you were wondering.
For that I am thankful,
but I am really put out with myself
for getting so stressed and afraid.

I know that God is sovereign over my life,
and I know the following is true:

"Man, who is born of woman,
is short-lived and full of turmoil.
Like a flower he comes forth and withers,
He also flees like a shadow and does not remain."

"Since his days are determined,
The number of his months is with Thee,
And his limits Thou hast set so that he cannot pass."
Job 14: 2&5

He is sovereign ~ I am frail humanity.
I guess that explains it.
I really need to work on my thinking.
I really need to work on my trusting....
cathy

No comments: