Saturday, February 26, 2011

doctor luke

I've started writing the book of Luke in the Bible.
Every morning or sometimes in the afternoon or evening,
I write a Psalm and another book in God's word.
I have been doing this for years.
One day I hope to have written the whole Bible,
but I may die first.
When I finish all 150 of the Psalms
I start over at Psalm 1.
This is the way I get to know God.
Also, writing helps me remember what I read.
You may want to start doing this too.

Anyway, back to Luke.
Luke was a doctor and a close friend of the apostle Paul.
He wrote to the Gentiles...(us).
Besides the book of Luke, he also wrote Acts.
I like his style and his close attention to details.

Here in Luke 1: 1~4 he tells us why he wrote....

"Inasmuch as many have undertaken
to compile a narrative of the things
that have been accomplished among us,

just as those who from the beginning
were eyewitnesses and ministers
of the word have handed them down to us,

it seemed good to me also,
having investigated everything

carefully from the beginning,
to write it out for you in consecutive order,
most excellent Theophilus,

that you might know the exact truth
concerning the things you have been taught."

Luke wanted Theophilus (to whom he dedicated the book)
and all of us to have certainty about this
God~Man, the Messiah, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Thank you Luke
for undertaking this task
and letting the Holy Spirit guide you
so that we may know for certain the truth about Him.

No comments: