Wednesday, February 2, 2011

he nailed it

This guy is Punxsutawney Phil.
He is a groundhog.
This morning he came out of his burrow
and did not see his shadow
thereby saying
to all of the country
that spring would come early this year.

Boy did he get that right!!
This afternoon it was 74 degrees in Savannah......
windows and doors open....
bright sunshine and lovely blue sky.
And that smell....spring!
I can't describe it, but I know it by heart.
I don't know how you knew but...
thank you Punxsutawney!!!

Of course we really know who controls such things:

"God thunders wondrously with His voice;
He does great things that we cannot comprehend.

For to the snow He says,
Fall on the earth,
likewise to the downpour,
His mighty downpour.

From its chamber comes the whirlwind,
and cold from the scattering winds.

By the breath of God ice is given,
and the broad waters are frozen fast.

He loads the thick clouds with moisture;
the clouds scatter His lightning.

"They turn around and around by His guidance,
to accomplish all that He commands them."
Job 37: 5&6 9~12

I leave you tonight
with this absolutely beautiful passage
which speaks about God's sovereign control over nature.

It is beautiful...
it is poetry of the finest literature.

I stand in amazement tonight.
cathy

2 comments:

Allison Stroud said...

please please pass on some of that awesome weather up here! I'm freezing and snow is continuing to fall!!!

Cathy Cleland said...

Oh Allison I wish I could. A little of that snow and ice goes a long way...especially with us "southern girls."