Sunday, February 20, 2011

sweet fellowship

Koinonia is the Greek word for fellowship.
As Christians we should look forward to
spending time with other believers.

To me there is nothing like the pleasure
of talking to another person
about the deep and precious things of the Lord.

Koinonia is the sweetest of fellowship.
It is very rare and much to be desired
and then cherished when found.

This afternoon
we had a church get together
over at David and Erika's house.
It was fun....
more than sixty men, women, and children
came to partake of good food
and to get to know each other better.

I always like to think about what it will be in heaven when we all get together without the hindrances of sin. That will be true koinonia...worshiping God and praising Him forever with all the saints of the Lord.

Just so you know
that I know,
my blog title is misspelled.
To change it would be to start a whole new blog and that is more than I can handle.
So it stands as a testimony to my many imperfections.
Nobody has ever mentioned that mistake to me....
I wonder why?

Have you ever heard the song "Fireflies" by Faith Hill?
I love to listen because it reminds me of how I thought about things as a child and also of my "firefly catching" days. Oh those long, delightful, summer nights outside until it got dark.










"Thy words were found and I ate them. (I took them in)
And Thy words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart.
For I have been called by
thy name,
O Lord God of hosts."
Jeremiah 15:16

No comments: