Monday, February 28, 2011

it's over........

that would be my birthday month,
and a grand month it has been.

It seems as if winter has "flown the coop"
as some would say.

I always see my birthday month
as the beginning of spring.
The days get longer,
the trees and flowers start blooming,
and the temperatures start rising.
It is the hope of new life
after the long, dark, and cold winter.
This progression is definitely a gift!

Actually every day of life is a celebration.
There is always something to be thankful for....

a bird in flight,
the sunrise,
the smell of the marsh,
the daffodils,
a roast in the oven,
a child's face,
knowing that someone loves you,
a friend to talk with,
music that moves the soul,
doing for others,
praying with a friend today,
the waves of the ocean
peace and quiet rest in my home.

Yes,
I make a big deal of my birthday....
thank you for indulging me,
for being a part of my life.

i love you,
cathy

No comments: