Sunday, February 27, 2011

falling apart in church

So many things about this picture make me happy.
Lucy is the best granddaughter in the world.
(just reminiscing a little)

This morning I laid out a Benedryl and two Tylenol
to take after church and before
my infusion this afternoon.
I NEVER take Benedryl...
but the nurse said that it may help
with the allergic reaction that sometimes takes place,
so I decided to try it today.
Right before leaving, for some reason,
I decided to go ahead and take the two Tylenol.

Off we go to church...
and I begin to feel very strange.
Once there it becomes
a major effort just to sit upright.
That I felt like a zombie is an understatement.

After an extended time helping Lucy
retrieve her offering quarter from the bowels of the pew,
I realized that I could no longer lift my arms.
About this time Bubba notices
that Lucy has the other quarter in her mouth.
We get that out before she flys out to children's church.

For the rest of the service I sat
trying to hold my head up
and keep my eyes from fluttering shut.

I told Bubba on the way home......
"something terrible is happening to me."

When I got home I realized
that I had taken the Benedryl thinking it was Tylenol.

I slept it off...three hours this afternoon.
I feel much better now.
cathy

No comments: