Friday, February 18, 2011

euphoria

Ever since I arose from sleep this morning,
I have been in a state of euphoria.
This state has a lot to do with the fact that
I can actually go into the kitchen
and get something to eat when I am hungry.

This euphoric state also has to do with the fact
that I got a good report yesterday from my doctor.
(whom I taught in the third grade by the way)

Over the past year I have lost over twenty pounds
without trying at all.
I really thought there was something
seriously wrong with my stomach.
So I am relieved,
but I still don't know why I am losing weight.
Maybe its just because I don't eat very much anymore.

Anyway, I am so thankful that the dreaded test is over.
The effect of the anesthesia is not over....
I can't remember things so well,
but they said that would happen.
The nurses specifically told me not to make
any important decisions for a couple of days.

The weather here is our wonderful winter~spring.
Beautiful and warm...it teases us for a while
until the cold stuff is gone for good.
I'm sitting by the open window writing
and smelling the warm salt marsh.

"All I need is the air that I breathe and to love you."
just heard that oldie playing in the restaurant.
c

No comments: