Tuesday, April 5, 2011

okay...

I've been dying to get back to this blog all day.
Last night when I put the picture of the globe on my post 
it kept moving all around
and limiting where I could write
so I just gave up.

As I have to be somewhat brief in my writing
I will get soon to the point.....

God created the earth.
He tells us that in the first verse
of the first book of the Bible.....

Genesis 1:1..."In the beginning God
created the heavens and the earth."

The scientists say that the earth is millions of years old.
According to biblical scholars
the earth is between 5000 and 6000 years old.
All of the fossils and mountains and canyons
were the result of one cataclysmic event...the Genesis Flood.

We know also that inside the earth
is enough heat and power
to completely destroy this globe when the time comes.
Just read II Peter.

When I think of the wonders of this earth
 I am thinking about it from a biblical perspective.

As per yesterday's blog....
yes, the scientists will probably succeed
in drilling way down
and bringing up pieces
of the deep mantle of this earth. 
And yes, there will be quite a lot of initial interest in them.

The moon rocks
are in the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, DC, 
under heavy protection. 
I have seen them with my own eyes.

What good are they?
Not much.

What is really important is that we know
all that God says about this earth...
It's origin,
it's purpose for mankind,
it's eventual end,
and how to be ready for that.

Everything we need to know about this earth is in the Bible.
Are you reading it every day and seeking Him?

fun writing,
cathy

No comments: