Friday, April 8, 2011

some things......

My sister Teri and I took Dad to River Street this morning
to see the new World War II Memorial.
He had bought the above brick
to be put down as a paver around the monument.
We searched and searched
and were about to give up when Teri found it.

Did you know that there are 6.5 billion people
in this world
and no two fingerprints are alike. 
Our God is quite amazing, isn't He?

I just finished reading the book "Killer Cane"
about the 1928 hurricane
that slammed into the Everglades
killling  upwards of 3,000 people. 
They didn't even have a clue it was coming until it got there. 
I love to read this kind of history to see
how the people coped with tragedy.

My thoughts on Gods beauty in creation
as expressed magnificently by the poet Wordsworth...

"To me the meanest flower that blooms
can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."

I just cannot get over what He does for us to enjoy!
c

No comments: