Friday, April 1, 2011

"rivers of living water"

"Those who believe in Me,(Jesus)
as the Scripture said,
from his innermost being shall flow
rivers of living waters."
John7:38


I read this verse a few days ago.
It caused me great pause for the immensity of what it says.

Scripture, you know,
"is living,
and powerful, and sharper than a two-edged sword."
When one believes,
it is because the heart
has been pierced
by the word of God with it's truth.

As you grow "in Christ,"
the truth of Scripture
impacts you more and more
until you learn to "think like Christ."
(as much as humanly possible)

So when I read
that "rivers of living waters" flow from my soul,
I began to examine myself.
What should my life look like?

Am I telling others about Jesus' blessed salvation for them?

Am I building up other believers
with sweet,gracious words of encouragement
and deeds of love?

Is everything I do bringing glory to God?

Falling so far short,
I feel ashamed
but also inspired
to be a source of "living water" for my family and friends.

Up here in Greenville, SC,
for a few days with my Dad
at his Tenth Mountain reunion.
Cold, but beautiful.
Getting to see the beginning of spring all over again.

cathy

No comments: