Tuesday, June 20, 2017

happy birthday amanda


You, my daughter, are the light of my life.
There is no one else like you.
You make me laugh out loud, sometimes hysterically.
You know all my secrets and love me anyway.
You bear with me,
you encourage me,
your love is felt deep in my heart.
You are and always have been a gift from God.


That smile on your face in the picture above is for Mark,
the man in the chair with the cat on his head.
He really wanted to be watching the golf  tournament,
but came to watch you open your presents instead.
That is love!


You guys came through Savannah twice to help us
while we were keeping Harry and Archie
while they were waiting for their brother Walt to get home.
The birthday party and the trip to the airport after the party
caused a level of excitement that was over the top.
Getting home at almost midnight, 
we all found it very hard to fall asleep.
What a happy day!!


During the party a rainbow appeared in the sky.
We all rushed out to see this beautiful symbol of God's promise to us.
We felt God's presence and love 
as the rest of our family was on the airplane
 speeding our loved ones home.


This was my gift to Amanda.
Soft pink sport shoes
with,
wait for it,
Ruffles.
When my eyes first landed on these shoes,
 they were shouting Amanda's name.
She loved them!!

Happy Birthday daughter of mine.
I love you!







No comments: