Friday, December 14, 2007

the big bang

I have always, all of my life, wanted to be a part of a building implosion. It is going to happen tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.

There is nothing left of it but a shell. The insides of the building have been picked clean. It is devoid of any signs of life.

I have been watching it for months. It is on my route to and from town. It is the old 15 story Stubbs Tower.....an eyesore in a city that sits low to the ground. I have no idea how close we will be able to get, probably not very, but it will be something to see and hear I am sure. I will give a report Saturday afternoon.

Bubba was on an overnighter last night, so I immersed myself into wrapping gifts. I got a lot done considering I get so sidetracked with other things...........

getting a drink of water
talking to my aunt on the phone
checking for e-mail
looking in the yellow pages for a shop I want to take Daddy to today
getting a snack
checking what's selling on Amanda's e-bay business
cleaning off the bed so that can get into it
etc.

I cannot stick to just one task for very long...sound familiar?

I watched the sun rise over the ocean just now.......breathtaking.

God's gift of a new day.

No comments: