Wednesday, December 12, 2007

christmas shopping for the little ones

The building is a cavernous warehouse filled with screaming babies. It is a place that I normally avoid at all cost.......it is the dreaded Toys R Us.

I took a deep breath this afternoon and entered into the wonderful world of children's toys. Most of the time I will leave the toy selections to the younger "Santas," but today I had something in mind.

Little Eli, who is nine months old, just loves "Nemo" of "Finding Nemo" fame. I was searching for something to do with this cute little fish to thrill Eli on Christmas morning. My search was to no avail. No "Nemo" to be found.

I left "The Disney Store" back in DC and do not have a source here in Savannah. If anyone happens to see any "Nemo" stuff that baby Eli would like let me know.

One positive thing did happen in Toys R Us.......I ran into an old, good friend. We laughed that we used to get together to let our kids play and now we are buyings gifts for our grandbabies. Such is life as it moves along.

Speaking of Christmas morning, it has always been such an exciting time at our house.........kids up early out of the sheer excitement and buildup from days before. I know two little boys who get up early every day.

Jake and Eli we will meet you early Christmas morning at that amazing tree that suddenly appeared in your living room if God is willing.

Until then, I'll be making merry in my heart.

No comments: