Tuesday, December 25, 2007

two little boys on christmas day

It started early and it ended well.

Two little boys in footed pajamas seeing what Santa brought for the first time.......looks of wonder on their faces as they realized that this was no ordinary morning.

A tall tower of blocks with all of his favorite characters, a tool set including a drill that really works, Mickey's binoculars that see "far off" and "close by," a beautiful stuffed "Nemo" among many other things.

Mark was home by ten (from work at UPS) and then the adults had their time..................Amanda was getting impatient as she has always wanted to be the center of attention on Christmas morning. She did get her time in the spotlight.

We all took an afternoon nap which was very needed. Mark cooked steaks for dinner which were marvelous and then we started opening presents again........everything from our families.

It was a very different Christmas as we did not leave the house all day. This has never before happened to me in my whole life. I stayed in my night clothes until two.

What a happy day we had...what a joy to see these two little boys love and enjoy their family. What a wonder they are as they learn and grow and experience new things.

They are asleep now.....they were exhausted in a good way. I wonder what they were thinking about before their dreams took over?

When Jake says "grammy" I melt as I do when anyone who loves me says my name.

Christmas is love.

God loves us and gave us the gift of eternal life through His son Jesus Christ.

Love from Cathy on Christmas night......

No comments: