Wednesday, December 5, 2007

keep moving

Wow! The work doesn't stop when you reach your destination. There is so much to be done with all of the "stuff" that was packed up and marked "condo." I have worked all day (almost) and it doesn't even look like I've accomplished a thing.

I set my Bose cd player up first thing so that my work would be more pleasurable, and I did crash at 2:11 for a nap, but for the most part it's been work....work....work today.

Most mornings I turn on Fox to find out what's going on. Last week they did a segment about "sitting down." You may have seen it too. Well, it seems as if all calorie burning stops when we sit down......when the "buttocks" hit the sofa it's all over.

Yesterday was a wash for me as I sat down for 8 hours straight. Plus I had a Chick-fil-a chocolate milkshake for the road. I did do a lot of heavy lifting unloading all of the boxes and bags from the car when I got here but I doubt "that" even burned up that milkshake which I knew I shouldn't have gotten but did anyway.

Are you familar with this lame reasoning? O poor me....I'm on this long trip and I deserve this milkshake. It will help me feel better. Well it didn't....it made me feel bloated and slightly nauseated all afternoon.

They said that the key to keep from gaining weight is to keep moving.

Take the stairs instead of the elevator (I do)
Park far away from the door of the market (I do)
pass up the chocolate milkshake (most of the time)
Stop taking naps in the afternoon (forget it)

I'm getting my bike out of storage tomorrow...the weather here is delightful. I'll be pedaling around the island again for my part.

until later.....c

No comments: