Tuesday, December 4, 2007

signing in from tybee beach

It was a little after 4:00 pm when I crossed the beautiful Talmadge Bridge into Georgia and Savannah. It is a lovely view every time.

I kept thinking all afternoon that I have come full circle. We left Savannah in 1989........that was eighteen years ago, and today I came back. So many things have changed in those years away
........I come back completely changed from the person I was when I left.

It has been an incredible time of growth, opportunity, new friends, travel, weddings, grandbabies, sickness, health, death, intense hurt, and incredible times of joy and love.

The most important thing that happened to me throughout these 18 years gone by is what my God has taught me about Himself, His Son, and His Word. I wouldn't take 100 million dollars for the grace that has been shown to me by Him

Bubba is about six hours behind me. He left at noon after the movers loaded the final item on the eighteen wheeler. It was headed off to Pittsburg, PA, to pick up another load. Who knows when I will see my stuff again.

We are staying in the condo temporarily as Bubba continues to look for a job. Everything will be stored so we can take off in a minute flat if need be.

What a blessing to see that ocean outside my window again. What good protection I had today. My trip was a joy. I made a Christmas tape and a new secular tape and life was good on the road.

Signing in from Tybee Beach.....c

3 comments:

David said...

We moved in 1990.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home to Georgia!!!!
So glad you had a safe trip.

Cathy Cleland said...

thanks, dave, for the correction. sometimes while I was gone I must have contracted some dementia as well.