Saturday, December 1, 2007

the packing goes on

Hi........I hear some of you want to know how the move is coming. Well, we are living amongst a sea of packed boxes. I have managed to get them all neatly arranged up against the walls so that we can at least walk around.

Amanda, we went to "Five guys" today for our last of their good hamburgers. Bubba said that we should open up one of these in Savannah. I said I don't want to work around food for a living. He agreed.

This afternoon I have had a sense of melancholy about me....not that dreaded depression but just sadness. It seems as if we never got to do what we wanted to do while we had the opportunity to be here in the northeast. That's okay. God is good and His way is the best.

The David Cleland family was honored today with a church-wide shower for little Harry. The outpouring of love that was shown is so amazing. We thank God that He has met all of their needs concerning his adoption and necessities through this very generous body of believers.

David called me early to say that Lucy was wearing her new coat and pink boots that we gave her for her birthday......she will be two on Wednesday. When she opened the box she went nuts over the boots. She loves shoes better than anything else. She got that from her grammy.

They got their first major snowfall in Chicago today. We are expecting freezing rain tomorrow. Our trip to church may be a little difficult as we have to walk a ways to get there. I guess I will have to wear my boots.

I really enjoyed writing "Why we need a Savior." I hope you enjoyed reading it.....

Until tomorrow....c

No comments: