Thursday, December 27, 2007

christmas all over again

It is 10:12am here in Arlington Heights and we just finished the first round of Christmas morning. It was quite an "opening" event. David and Erika received a digital camcorder to record these precious children.....we have it (the camera) charging now.

Our trip to Chicago was deamed "mr. toad's wild ride." Doug and Mike's 8:00pm flight to Israel was cancelled and they were put on a 5:20 flight instead. We had to gulp down our delicious lunch and hit the road running.

When we encountered traffic backed up for miles on I65, Doug (who was driving) spun around in the median to backtrack and take the backroads to Ohare........it was an interesting day to say the least. We didn't hear anymore from them so we assume they made their flight.

I needed so badly to stop at a restroom, but didn't dare mention it. After we dropped them off Bubba and I headed straight for McDonalds. Oh what a relief it was!

Of course when we arrived at David's we headed straight for Lou Manate's pizzeria (I crave this pizza). Somehow, while we were waiting, Lucy's hand got pulled out of joint, and she wailed the whole time we ate. Thankfully, it was so noisy that nobody around us could even hear her sobs.

As we were making plans to take her to the emergency room, I started putting on her coat. I took her injured hand in mine to gently place it in the sleeve when I felt the joint pop back into place. She stopped crying immediately and the crisis was over.

Everyone is now calling me the "healer."

We are expecting four inches of snow tomorrow. My "white Christmas" wish may come true after all...........we are hoping that we will be able to go on to Green Bay. We will need to see what the weather will be doing "up north" before we go.

Continuing this never-ending Christmas..............love and my thoughts are with you...Cathy

No comments: