Saturday, December 22, 2007

a white christmas maybe?

Tomorrow we leave for our Christmas trip. Normally we do Christmas here in Savannah, but this year has been anything but normal.

I don't like routine anyway. I like for life to be spontaneous.......new and different things happening all the time. Things that broaden your mind and especially your heart.

We are retracing the route of our trip in Novemeber.............Atlanta, Louisville, Chicago, and Green Bay. The further north we go the more hopeful I am of finding a "white Christmas."

In fact, I'm looking forward to being in everyone's lovely decorated homes this year as I was not allowed to put up a tree or any decorations because of our move and this trip. I have surely missed most of all my live, sweet smelling tree and all of the lights. Maybe next year!

Strangely, though, my heart is closer to Christmas than ever before, and I am estatic to soon be with those I love.

We're off to see Daddy and Aunt Dottie.......and to Frankie and Sally's house tonight to have shrimp and crab legs.

The "joy" of Christmas is in the heart. It is in loving and being loved, it is in giving to others.
It is the "peace" that is in your heart because you "are right again with God" because of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

"Praise be to God for His indescribable gift."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did the experiment with the fudge go?

Cathy Cleland said...

We haven't tried it yet. Will keep you posted on the results.