Tuesday, December 11, 2007

a diamond tiara

It's in a big, very old house on the east end of Broughton Street. The place where I get my hair cut intrigues me. The old staircase reminds me of my grandmother's house on Habersham St.......the one with the shiny, waxed bannister I would slid down when I was a child.

The windows are floor to ceiling and they had them open today with the curtains blowing in the breeze. There is a fireplace in every room. This house has really not been restored, it's kind of "as was" but I love it. I think I would like to live in one of these houses, but I just don't know for sure.

All this to say I got my hair cut today. I was going to go shorter, but Jacinda, my hairdresser talked me out of it. A haircut for me consists of not cutting the hair off, but thinning it out.

I wind up with a ton of hair on the floor and my hair is no shorter but it is definitely less hair. So I have been shorn once again.

The sheets that I wrote about earlier, the ones that are falling apart at the seams have now been put on the bed at the condo. I have missed them for a whole week. I can't wait to crawl in tonight. I couldn't bear to part with them much less throw them away. Maybe Bubba won't notice......

We took Aunt Dottie out to lunch today. We all had crab au gratan at Johnny Harris'. Last week she was "Queen" for the week. She had a crown and a sash to wear. She never did appear with those two items on her person after she received them. She doesn't like things like that.

I told her I wouldn't wear a paper crown either, but I would wear a diamond tiara. She agreed wholeheartedly.

She won the big prize in Bingo for the month of November.........a fifteen dollar gift card to Wal-Mart. Estelle spent it for her......lots of chocolate covered peanuts and cans of cashews. A lady named Mary is her most stiff competition..... We'll see what December brings.

"Hark the Herald Angels sing,
Glory to the Newborn King."

No comments: