Monday, December 10, 2007

the fog persisteth

I walked down by the ocean this afternoon. It was like being somewhere very far away..........no place I had ever been before.

The sun was fully shining, but the fog had crept in again from the ocean to cover everything with a veil. The ocean looked like it was a crystal mirror....... the large sea bird a swan.

Everything was slighly out of focus and I could only see about 20 feet ahead of myself.

I heard an airplane over my head but I never did see it........I looked until it's roar was quieted in the distance.

There were lots of little riverlets to step over....streams heading back to sea from the mounds of sand left by the storms. I got my shoes wet, but that's okay.

It is delightful to be on the beach in December. There are no human sounds to disturb the essence of nature....the roar of the waves, the bird calls, the rush of the water being pulled back out to make another wave.

Just before dark the fog pulled back out to the sea and revealed a clear and shining beach and ocean. Several dolphins were putting on a Christmas show for us. They were glad that the curtain had been pulled back.

Things are going well here. Our furniture arrived this morning at 8:00 - intact. Most everything has been unpacked and we are feeling settled in the condo.

I"ll be writing again.......God willing. It is so much my pleasure. c

No comments: