Saturday, December 1, 2007

for the third time

The Bible is the story of God's redemptive work on behalf of mankind whom He created through His Son Jesus Christ. The story begins in the book of Genesis and ends with the book of Revelation with Jesus' last words being "Yes, I am coming quickly."

God had it all planned before He set the clock of time in motion.

There would be a way for man to be reconciled to God......but only one way:

John 14:6 "Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but through me."

When you study about God you learn that He is holy.....He cannot tolerate sin of any kind. Therefore when Satan brought sin into the world through Adam and Eve, he polluted the whole human race. Everyone who is born into this world is born with a sin nature.

Psalm 51:5 "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me."

God in His lovingkindness allowed His Son Jesus Christ, who is also God, to take our sin upon Himself as payment (atonement) for our sin. This is the miracle of salvation........

Jesus came to this earth as a baby, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to Mary, fully human and yet fully God. He never sinned (because He is God) and so God accepted His sacrificial death on our behalf.

We who are believers rejoice in God's indescribable gift, Jesus Christ!

To try to come to God on our own would never work. We could not stand before our holy God without experiencing His wrath against our sin. But when we come to God through His son Jesus Christ, God accepts what Jesus did on our behalf and counts us as righteous (perfect) before Him.

This is the answer to why we need a Savior.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, I did enjoy "Why We Need A Savior", can anyone tell me how to print it all out. When I try I can only print the last blog that was
posted.
Thanks for doing this Bog.
Estelle