Sunday, May 18, 2008

the bird house

Early this morning while I was sitting in my chair reading my Bible I had an unexpected visitor.

A little brown sparrow flew right in the open door and made himself at home.

For just a brief moment he was an amusement to me and then he started flinging himself at the screens in the open windows.

Bubba was upstairs reading, and not wanting to disturb him I started making my own plans for the little bird's rescue. Immediately I thought........broom. I will guide him out with a little nudge from the bristles.

Didn't work! He started flying all through the house. There was no other recourse now but to disturb Bubba. He came down, grabbed a dirty towel, and started his attemps to catch him with same. No luck! Finally I opened the front door and he flew straight out in a couple of minutes.

After this craziness subsided I settled back down to read some more.

Within five minutes a mocking bird flew in, landed on the table, took one look at me, and flew back out.

No bird had ever come into our house before this day.

They can't be begging me to feed them because I have provided a whole feeder full (pictured above) which they have yet to touch.

Maybe they got word that I looked funny and they were coming in to see for themselves.

Matthew 10: 29-31 "Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. therefore do not fear; you are of more value than many sparrows."

My little visitor this morning reminded me of this verse and God's care for all of us.

from cathyc

No comments: