Tuesday, May 20, 2008

she is on her way

I mentioned earlier that David, Erika, Lucy, and Harry are coming for a visit this week.

Even as we speak David and his dad are having a very loud discussion on whether they should take I75 or I64 out of Louisville. I always wonder why some men talk so loudly when they get on the phone, but that's a different blog.

In the car with them is their cat Maude.

You say.....why is the cat coming on such a long journey? The answer is that last week David called me (not his dad) and convinced me that we would be honored to have Maude live with us for the next four months. The last thing I remember telling him was that I would talk to Bubba and get back to him. How we got from that point to Maudes imminent arrival is beyond me.

I thought I was done with cats. No cat could ever take "my girls" place in my heart. The days of cat litter, hairballs, cat hair, and guilt for leaving without them was over for good....or so I thought.

Tomorrow, just after lunch, Maude will arrive in all her glory. She will win me over as she looks with adoring eyes at her "substitute mistress." I will grow to love her and then have to give her back......but that's okay. That's the way it is with grandmothers of cats.

I finished the book "Dead Heat" just now. It left me breathless and numb. The ending was totally unexpected. It was a page turner to say the least.

Because this was the last book in a series of five I will go to Amazon and order the first four immediately.

I share with you today the flowers above. I guess by now you know I love fresh flowers. The pink in these daisys is amazing. The little green vase belonged to my great grandmother, Shelley Crosby. I can still see her face in my mind even though she died many years ago.

I am awed by the beautiful things that God gives us to enjoy. Just seeing these flowers is proof of our awesome God's existence. No one on this earth can make a flower, only God can do that work. I praise Him this evening for His bountiful blessings to all of us.

Watching the sunset........cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also remember Grandmama Crosbys face and her very long hair. I remember being very surprised the first time I actually saw how long it was, as she usually wore it up in bun. I am not sure I remember the vase though.
Gerber daisies,beautiful,love for that particular flower must be in the genes.
Yes, we do have grandchildren and granddogs and grandcats. Congradulations!Can't wait to see her photo!

Anonymous said...

WE WILL HAVE TO HAVE A WELCOME PARTY FOR MAUDE, MAYBE I COULD BRING HER COUSIN "RASCAL' OVER TO SEE HER.
THAT WOULD BE VERY ENTERTAINING.
HA!
WELCOME TO ALL THE FAMILY TRAVELERS.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL.
ECD