Tuesday, May 27, 2008

my little shadow

Tomorrow they have to go home. The week seems to have flown by.

They will leave very early in the morning and drive all the way to Indianapolis, Indiana, where the other set of grandparents live.

I will be very sad to lose my little shadow.

Lucy likes to be with me during the whole getting ready process in the morning..........from shower to lipstick she is there. If I brush my hair, she brushes hers. Whatever make-up I apply she gets the same put on her lovely little face. I let her play with my jewelry (things I don't wear anymore), and put on my shoes. She lathers my lotion on herself and me. She asks what everything is and what it does. I let her play in the basin with the water running.

Not to leave out little Harry, but he is a guy and he doesn't care that much about things in a ladies boudoir. He is good for hugs and kisses and great big smiles. He likes for me to hold him in the standing position and never stop. He is very strong and will be walking soon, I think. I like to take him outside and enjoy with him the great wide sky, the cool breezes, and the joy of being in the grass.

They will live here soon. My mind can't fathom that.

From the beginning of David's life, I prayed for him that God would use him in His good work on this earth. When God took him far away for seminary and then on to Chicago, I would remember my prayers and resign myself that he would always live far away, maybe even abroad.

God in His mercy had given me the grace to let him go and actually be happy and glad for him wherever he went. Along the way he met Erika, and was blessed with Lucy and Harry.

Now they are coming back home. Praise be to God for the wonder of it all.

Psalm 115:14 & 15 "May the Lord give you increase, you and your children." May you be blessed of the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth."

I'm praying for four now instead of just one. You have a great task ahead.

I love you all....mom

No comments: