Monday, May 5, 2008

"why didn't you write yesterday?"

This morning Amanda called and said, "Mom, why didn't you write yesterday?"

After contemplating her question for a minute or two I told her that I had writer's bloc. She was stunned! No really, I just didn't feel like writing yesterday. That happens every now and then....just nothing much comes.

Again, thank you for reading. It amazes me that I have a small following. People that check for my writings, that comment, that keep up with me via the e-mail.......what a blessing.

The plant above is called "crown of thorns." Our friends gave us two of these plants several years ago and they are thriving. Bubba's brother kept them in his office and nurtured them during the winter that we were in Washington for which we are greatly appreciative.

The branches of these plants are covered with very hard thorns.

We were sitting on the porch eating dinner last night and we got into a discussion of how one would transplant these monsters to a larger pot (which needs to be done). My suggestion was to wrap it in a blanket. Bubba said if he transplanted them into a bigger container he would not be able to move them in for the winter. We decided they are just fine in the pots they are in.

It is so nice to plant things again. We worked on our containers this weekend, cleaning them and buying new soil. Soon I will have the joy of going to the nursery and choosing the plants to go in them. Not too much this year....just enough to have a little color.

The days are getting warmer and warmer. We are trying to see how long we can go without turning on the air conditioner. I love the fresh air blowing in the windows. As soon as the humidity comes, though, its all over. Savannah summers are almost unbearable.

As I read and write through the Psalms every day I stumble upon nuggets of truth that I have not previously underlined and I wonder why.........then I think, "This was meant for me today," May 5, 2008.

Psalm 69:13 "But as for me, my prayer is to Thee, O Lord, at an acceptable time; O God in the greatness of Thy lovingkindness, answer me with Thy saving truth."

Not give me what I want, or please do this or that. Not deliever me from my sickness or make me rich. Not make this happen or give me this...............

Look closely at what the psalmist David says:

"answer me with Thy saving truth."

Tell us what we need to hear, O Lord. In Your lovingkindness answer us with truth. The truth about You and Your Son Jesus Christ. Answer us with the truth of Your word.....Tell us what you want for us and enable us to be able to accept Your will.

Praise Him, Praise Him, all ye little children.

No comments: