Thursday, May 1, 2008

my project


I need a chair for my new computer desk.
I set out today doing something I love to do....visiting used furniture shops.
I had checked all of my favorites to no avail.
I had given up hope when I went to a thrift store I had never been to before. There it was sitting on the sidewalk outside. I couldn't believe my eyes. My grandmother had some chairs like that. I dreaded to see the price.
Getting my glasses out I looked and was stunned. It was $5.00. It was covered with paint smudges, but that's an easy fix.
The store was cash only. I knew I only had $2.00 and some change. I went inside and the lady said I could have it for $3.00. It was close but I met her price.
I just showed it to Bubba. At first he got a bad look on his face, but when I told him I only paid $3.00 he was alright. I have been known to bring home what he and another member of his family have commonly referred to as a "pig in a poke" however that relates.
Now to decide on the right grade of sandpaper and the right color of paint. I will make it a masterpiece.
I still don't know if it is an antique or not, and no Amanda, it is not what I described to you this morning, but it is truly a rare find.
God is gracious......part of this life we live is just downright fun.
This is what He designed us for:
To love Him and to enjoy Him forever.
Thank You dear Lord for all of the blessings of life.
cc


No comments: