Wednesday, April 30, 2008

o no

Today was house cleaning day for me. I am very slow as there are so many other things more fascinating for me to do than clean toilets.

Don't get me wrong, keeping my house neat and clean is a real honor. It is a woman's joy to be a "worker at home."

I am still unpacking and placing my things here and there. This is one of my distractions; I can move a single thing around twenty times before I decide where I want it to be. An hour later I remember that I should be cleaning the bathroom.

Another great distraction when I am home is the computer. I am always going back to check and see if anyone loves me enough to send an e-mail. I am rewarded occassionally and that keeps me coming back for more.

Also I get distracted by wanting to be outside....it is so beautiful. Today was a lovely mixture of cool temps and bright sunshine. I can soak up some rays for a while and not even get hot.

All of this to say this; I was taking the bathroom rugs out back to shake them and let them lay in the sun for a while. As soon as I stepped out of the back door I had quite a start. I saw what you see in the picture above..................

That black snake that I thought was "dead in the middle of the road" was stretched out right to the left of the steps.

I thought, "Now this is the last straw. We will have to move."

Upon closer inspection I found that Bubba had bought a new black hose and had stretched it around back to water his flowers.

Thankfully I recovered enough to shake, shake, shake my rugs and leave them out to sun.

Yesterday as I ate my lunch on the porch, I watched a smallish lizard lay on the rim of a large flowerpot. I didn't take my sandwich and move inside.....I just kept watching him and thinking. I am going to overcome this fear. It is totally irrational.

I was hoping that none of them had found my porch yet, but my hoping was in vain. They have moved in and they are here to stay.

Here is my new lizard mantra....God made them, they won't hurt me, they eat bugs, lizards are good.

I hope this works.....
love you....c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was very real looking to me too Cathy.......You can never be too cautious ........Lizards are better than snakes any day, Ha!
ECD