Thursday, April 10, 2008

i remember

This will be a short blog tonight as I am trying to get the guest rooms ready before the guests arrive for their stay tomorrow.

My days fill up with other things and now I am really heading to the wire. My problem is that there is always one more thing to take care of away from here.

Tomorrow is our 38th wedding anniversary. We will celebrate by being with our family. Maybe one day we will get to take that cruise around Italy, but for now I am happy and content to be at home.

Later I will tell how our getaway from the church on our wedding day went awry.

"The best laid plans of mice and men."

I spent time with my sister Teri today. We had lunch at Basils and we talked and talked as we usually do. Our reunions are always sweet. I am thirteen years older than she but we have so much in common. Saturday she and Amanda want to go to some of my favorite shopping places in Savannah.......I suppose I shall be happy to oblige them.

For some reason tonight I am tired and weary...........sometimes I want to lose heart, but then

"I remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember Your wonders of old. I will ponder all Your work, and meditate on Your wondrous deeds. Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God? You are the God who works wonders; you have made known Your might among the peoples." Psalm 77: 11-14

I remember that I am loved and that I love and am am okay again.

Until tomorrow..................c

No comments: