Sunday, April 6, 2008

what's left of my chocolate easter bunny

I started in on him the day after Easter....that was two weeks ago. As you can see, I have nibbled away all twelve inches of his ears. He has been a special treat every afternoon between three and four when I feel the urge for a pick me up.

This is the really sad part of my annual chocolate Easter bunny splurge......I feel guilty for eating it. He is so cute with his tall ears and his little bow tie. This afternoon the bow came off. It just seems so cruel and heartless of me.

Oh well, I do manage to persevere and get him down. There is just something about the taste of that Palmer's chocolate.

II Corinthians 2:14 "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in His triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place."

Through the years as I have grown closer to our dear Lord God Almighty, I have found that I see Him in everything.

I see Him in the
ocean
trees
flowers
birds
animals
seasons
sunlight
storms
situations that arise in life
and so much more.

He becomes to a believer the center of our universe. He is sovereign over everything down to the tiniest detail. This drawing near to our Source is natural and normal. We have to know Him. We have to know more about Him. With Him at the center of our life we know that everything will be okay.......we are asuured of that.

I love the way this verse puts it;

"He manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place."

I don't think I've ever paid attention to that verse before this morning.

I love the thought of believers being the "sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him" to others.

No comments: