Saturday, April 5, 2008

spend time with Him

It is early Saturday morning......

I have the promise of the whole day ahead of me..........I also know it will be gone just like that.

I have so much to do to get ready for the coming week. My sister Teri is coming on Wednesday and Amanda, Jake, and Eli will arrive on Friday. I haven't gotten the guest rooms done yet as we have had to deal with the condos all week.

Added to the mix I have a hole in a crown that is beginning to hurt.....I will go to the dentist on Tuesday afternoon. Everybody knows what that means.

But in spite of all that I sat down with the Lord this morning. I had a wonderful time in His word and in prayer. I say that not to boast but to encourage you in this busy world not neglect your soul.

My whole purpose in writing this blog from the very beginning (June 2007) was to point to the necessity of God's word being infused into our heart on a daily basis. If I don't keep that as my focus everything else is just idle chatter.

The best is right outside my window.....the skies are dark and gloomy and I expect a storm is coming. One more mighty display of God's power.

After I've done a little more study, I will write about our all-powerful God again---omniscient---I love the word. It speaks of the mighty power of God. The sound of the word, the way it looks, the thought it connotes..... a wonderful word to convey a mighty truth.

To you I say.......I understand.....c

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read your blog for several days as life has been hectic. I do sometimes look at the number of visitors who have logged onto your site. As I prepared to log off, I glanced at the number and saw 5,999. I quickly decided that I wanted to be number 6,000 so I logged off and on again. A real milestone you have reached. I have so enjoyed all that you have shared.

BTH