Monday, April 21, 2008

a sticky situation

Orlando, Florida...............we have all arrived. We just got the babies in bed. Harry went out like a light, but Lucy cried and said she was scared. I consoled her and kissed her and told her that I would leave the door cracked so a little light could get in. She snuggled in and has been quiet since.

David and Erika are at another hotel. They are on the 17th floor.

To both of you.......your babies are fine. The only problem, and it must not be much of a problem, was that Harry didn't want his bottle. He just wanted to go night-night. I know how he feels. So rest well and we will see you at breakfast tomorrow.

A little after 5:00 we decided that we were starving and that we would walk until we found a tempting place to eat. Well, we stopped at the first place we came to....Bahama Breeze. The decor was very tropical so we decided to try it and not do any more walking.

Everything was delicious, but just as the meal came I turned over a completely full glass of sweet tea with lemon. Bubba and I both got a lap full. They cleaned it up as best they could, but we were wet and sticky and uncomfortable for the rest of the meal. The children were perfect by the way. Bubba accused me of having never grown up.....that may be true.

I got small blue crab claws in a lemon butter sauce....mouth-watering!

Let me mention a light in my life..........reading to Lucy. She loves it. It was even more fun because these were books I had read over and over again to David and Amanda. I know them by heart.

I am so grateful that God has given me this opportunity to be with these two. Harry is a charmer and Lucy just lights up the room.

night-night.....i'll leave the door cracked.....cathy

No comments: