Friday, April 25, 2008

a little fever

It keeps hanging on..... a little fever, but just enough to make me feel not so good.

My last two days have gone like this.....do laundry - lay, unpack a box - lay, clean up the kitchen, unpack a box - lay. The worst part is that my spirit gets diminished. I start heading for the pits of gloom.

My antidote to depression is always to sit down and write things I am thankful for, to remind myself of the truth of God's word, and to keep trying to do things. I will start with the first.

Why I like spring...........

extra light in the evening
baby ducklings
flowers in bloom
the greeness of the trees
the brilliant blue skies
warm days
cool evenings
gentle breezes
an overwhelming desire to be outside
catching the scent of flowers on the wind
sitting on the back porch
riding with my sunroof open
the warmth of the sun on my body
open windows in the house

Remind Myself of the Truth of God's Word..............

"Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken." Psalm 55:22

"Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; He is a refuge for us all." Psalm 62:8

"Bless our God, O peoples, and sound His praise abroad, Who keeps us in life, and does not allow our feet to slip." Psalm 66:8


Do something...............

I wrote this blog. Maybe I will put the fine china in the cabinet. But I will problably have to "lay" in between.

I will go to the doctor on Monday morning. I will probably be well by then. I hope so!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy,

Just wanted to tell you that I am praying that you will feel better soon.

You have been going at quite a pace for the last month.

As ususal, your blog has touched my heart.

Again, sending thoguhts and prayers your way.

Margaret

Anonymous said...

See Koinoias Disaster Area, last paragraph.

Cathy Cleland said...

"most of all don't complain and talk about your ailment and how bad everything is. It's no fun to be around you, that's for sure." This is a quote from my post "Disaster area."

Sorry I mentioned my "ailment." I will be more careful....

Cathy Cleland said...

On the other hand, don't be so harsh....The people who I have been with all week didn't even know that I was not feeling well.

In my blog I wrote about the things I try to do to keep from going "into myself" and thinking "selfish thoughts" when I am not feeling well.

My blog is a day by day chronicle of things that happen to me in my life. It is meant as an encouragement to others.

Feel free to write Bubba and ask him if he thinks I complain and talk about how bad everything is.

And for sure a person who does that is no fun to be around. It all comes around to "thinking of others more highly than you think of yourself."