Thursday, April 17, 2008

disaster area

Jake and I were just in the backyard trimming some bushes. He has a little child sized shopping cart that we filled up several times and dumped on the vacant and overgrown lot next door. He is really a good helper.

Now that he and his baby brother are napping, I thought that I would sit down and write a little. This is so relaxing for me. I presume you have noticed that I don't write "deep thoughts" when my babies are here. I don't always beat them up and the day starts popping immediately upon their awaking. There are mouths to be fed and baths to be given, and all manner of things that are not in my normal routine.

This new house looks like a disaster area right now. Amanda, bless her heart, manages to spread out all over the house during the time she is here. There are bags, empty and full, e-bay merchandise, bottles, clothes, towels, toys, shoes, baby monitors, high chairs, cribs, pak and plays, the new walker, the small shopping cart, medicine, sippy cups, socks, and you name it all over the house. Not one room is spared except Bubba's "man cave" which is upstairs.

I like order, but for this one week, I throw order to the wind and become someone who lets nothing bother her.

The men in our family have been in Louisville this week for the "Together for the Gospel" conference. By all reports it was an outstanding preaching feast. All of our heros were there.

John McArthur
John Piper
Mark Deaver (our pastor in DC)
to name just a few.

Oh how I would have loved to be able to bask in all of that proclamation of God's word.

Amanda is staying until Saturday and we go to Orlando on Monday to pick up Lucy and Harry.

Good health is such a blessing and I thank God for it in these grandparenting years.
Be happy, let someone know you love them, be a blessing to others......most of all don't complain and talk about your ailments and how bad everything is......it's no fun to be around you, that's for sure. Choose to be content in whatever your circumstances happen to be. That is pleasing to God and that is why He created us..............For His Pleasure.
written by cathy at 3:07 pm

No comments: